Saturday, December 21, 2013

Restaurant Review: La Petite France Café

After reading Mastering the Art of French Eating (that I mentioned in my last post), I had a serious craving for French food. Upon consulting Yelp, I found a French café in West Hartford that looked like the perfect spot. So I grabbed my best gal pal, and we made our way to La Petite France Café.


Immediately accosted with the scent of freshly-baked croissants, I felt as if I'd stepped back to a certain café I liked in Toulouse, with its mismatched chairs and authentic feel. Upon examining the menu, I decided on crêpe complète (a crêpe made with buckwheat flour, Swiss cheese, and ham; topped with a fried egg). My friend got quiche lorraine (a quiche made with Swiss cheese and bacon).

My instagram of our meal

The owner of the café, I found, is from France. It was amazing to be able to eat authentic French food in West Hartford, Connecticut. In fact, I was so delighted with the café's fare that I took home a handful of croissants and two types of macaron– pistache and vanille


If you like French food, or simply want to have a delicious breakfast or lunch, I would highly recommend checking out La Petite France. Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment