Sunday, January 5, 2014

Restaurant Review: Hana Sushi

Today I went to Hana Sushi, a kind of "hidden gem" near my hometown. I had personally never tried it before, but a friend of mine swore by their sushi.

When I say it's a hidden gem, I mean it– it's sandwiched in between an indistinct Asian grocery store and a cliché Chinese takeout place. Hana Sushi's interior was small, with only six or seven tables. But what they lacked in décor, they made up for in deliciousness.

For my sushi, I ordered:

  1. Black Dragon roll: spicy shrimp roll topped with eel and avocado (right); and
  2. "Year End" Special roll: spicy tuna and crab roll topped with smelt roe (left)
(If you haven't guessed by now, I like spicy foods)


For my main course I ordered a bento box:
  1. Teriyaki Chicken
  2. Vegetable and Shrimp Tempura
  3. Shrimp Shumai (a type of dumpling)
  4. And, of course, white rice




The tempura and teriyaki were pretty standard, but the shrimp shumai dumplings were amazing. But the star of the show was, without a doubt, the Black Dragon roll. It was the best sushi I've ever had. I hope to try more of their offerings in the future, but I'm sure the Black Dragon will always be my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment